2018 – Ready or not it is the new year… Have you made your New Year’s Resolutions? If so what is your plan to attain them?
Life can be so busy, so demanding that even the best intentions can be swept to the wayside.
Here are some simple tips to help you go from just making New Year’s Resolutions to actually completing a goal:
- Make time to write it down. Once your goals are written they become “real”.
- Keep it simple. Make a list of one or two goals. Not a long list that you know you will never achieve.
- Define your goals. Use measurable, specific tasks. For example, “I will lose weight this year” is too vague. But “I will write out a 10-day meal plan and follow it” is measurable and specific.
- Make a list of any diversions you can think of and how to avoid them. For example, if you always have afternoon cravings then prepare ahead of time with some low calorie snacks.
- Reward yourself when you complete small goals. Small goals completed turn into larger goals completed.
At the pharmacy, we have several goals for 2018. One is to have a much more interactive website for you guys to visit. We will be posting lots of information for you. Be sure and visit often to see what is new. The other goal is Diabetes Education. In 2018 we will be working on certification thru AADE (American Association of Diabetes Education). Watch the website for updates!
“2018 – focus on being productive instead of busy.”
“We all get the exact same 365 days, the only difference is what we do with them.”
We are praying that 2018 is a great year for you!